We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: IRG 5/2011  (Read 1463 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
IRG 5/2011
« on: May 30, 2011, 12:41:39 PM »
Another cracking edition folks, thanks very much. I particularly liked ZZ's piece on Dave Philby, a smashing bloke (and, I believe, John Evans' father in law) and a first class Primula grower. If you are at all interested in Primula and get the opportunity of meeting and talking with Dave at a Show you are in for a vast learning experience. An article below by Dave.

http://www.bedfordshirealpines.com/page44.htm
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
Re: IRG 5/2011
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 06:39:16 PM »
I would echo that. I particularly like Dave Philbey's tufa plantations at the Shows, which I think Jon has to carry in! Equally I like the flower arrangements which others do - they are a little bit of the garden at the Shows!
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal