We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Lilium auratum var. virginale and Lilium auratum var. rubrovittatum  (Read 4679 times)

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
Lilium auratum comes from Japan and it was already introduced in 1860. In the nature it grows on poor nutrient soil-volcano ashes, as giving a perfect drain. In the winter it is covered on lot of snow. It is easy liable to catch a virus. The variety virginale has a slender yellow stripe in the middle of the flowers and it has full yellow spotted.

Lilium auratum var. rubrovittatum is a very rare and difficult variety. It’s be found on the south eastern part of the Japanese island Honsu, where it is grown in volcano ashes. I got my bulb from a Japanese botanical garden as I got in 1996. In my garden it grows in half shadow, in acid peat and perfect drain.    

Karl Kristensen.
Denmark.
www.kalle-k.dk
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Lilium auratum var. virginale and Lilium auratum var. rubrovittatum
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:29:06 PM »
Karl, beautiful pictures of some beautiful plants, thanks for sharing them. As I see from your Web Site you are an experienced and expert grower.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
Splendid pics ! I am interested to exchange bulbs. Your two forms of auratum and speciosum gloriosoides interest me very much. What do you need in bulbs ? I am specialized crocus-colchicum-tulipa and some lilium.
Thank you
Dominique
do

Pontoux France

kalle-k.dk

• Karl Kristensen's Garden
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:31:22 PM »
Dominique

I will always be interested in trading plants, but I got only one or two bulbs of those two rare lilies and therefore can I not offer any of them. Sorry! I can offer you several other bulb and plants. 

Karl Kristensen
www.kalle-k.dk
Karl Kristensen
Denmark. www.kalle-k.dk

dominique

• River Dweller
  • passionated by bulbs since 1978,
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 09:52:45 PM »
Hi Karl,
No importance, I will wait for this a certain number of years...!!! Send me please a list of those are available. Tell me too what is subject to interest you
Thank you
Dominique
do

Pontoux France

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal