We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Trillium 2022  (Read 8870 times)

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: Trillium 2022
« Reply #105 on: November 06, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »
Dave, is T.vaseyi later flowering type than others? If, does it come up also later like T.luteum? That would be a good thing in colder climates.
That last one is very nice. :)
Leena from south of Finland

Herman Mylemans

• Gentians
« Reply #106 on: November 06, 2022, 06:00:12 PM »
Dave, is T.vaseyi later flowering type than others? If, does it come up also later like T.luteum? That would be a good thing in colder climates.
Leena, in our garden T. vaseyi flowers in May, so it is indeed later than luteum (April). But it doesn't grow as well as T. luteum.
Belgium

t00lie

• Style Icon
  • If i'm not at home i'll be in the mountains.
« Reply #107 on: November 07, 2022, 05:18:42 AM »

Thank you Leena. Yes vaseyi is one of the last to flower here  ... well after luteum. Like a number of the eastern sps and their hybrids they can form sizeable clumps in our conditions .
Dave Toole. Invercargill bottom of the South Island New Zealand. Zone 9 maritime climate 1100mm rainfall pa.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2022, 09:47:18 AM »
Thank you Herman and Dave. :)
I didn't know T.vaseyi is late flowering, it is good to know!  T.luteum is the latest one which I have, and it flowers here in late May - early June.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal