We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Trip to the Nujiang valley, summer 2018  (Read 1045 times)

arisaema

Trip to the Nujiang valley, summer 2018
« on: January 16, 2018, 10:06:25 AM »
I have visited Nujiang more times than I can count, and I would like to make one "final" trip there next summer, both to revisit old (and extremely rich) spots, and explore some previously unexplored roads heading up the mountains on both sides of the valley.  My own purpose for this trip is to document and photograph the variation within the genera Arisaema and Nomocharis, as well as the species Lilium henrici (and it's subspecies).

Unlike the trip organized by Whistling Arrow this is not a trek, with the exception of one (or possibly two) days trekking up and down Biluo Xueshan all exploration will be done by car, with nights spent in hotels. We will visit most of the drivable side roads heading up both sides of the valley from Liuku all the way north to Gongshan, before crossing the mountain into Deqin.

For more information have a look at the suggested itinerary here, the dates are somewhat flexible: http://chinesealpines.com/nujiang18.pdf
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 10:19:00 AM by arisaema »

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Trip to the Nujiang valley, summer 2018
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 12:24:36 PM »
Great to have choice in such matters - good luck with this trip, Bobo.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

arisaema

Re: Trip to the Nujiang valley, summer 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 12:36:58 PM »
Thanks! I took Alan Mitchell (of the lily group) down there back in 2015, and I've been wanting to go back in summertime since, but it's both remote, landslide prone and a somewhat sensitive area bordering both Myanmar and Tibet, so sadly neither an easy or cheap place to explore...

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal