We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Reports from the 2nd International Czech Rock Garden Conference and Garden visits  (Read 61819 times)

ichristie

• Former President
Hello all, we did hve reasonably good food most days but hardly anybody ate the dumplings the pictures of the food was a special Sat evening we had the group of locals singers I posted what a super night we had any way here are another selection.
Ian ...the Christie kind...
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
More
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
More to come tomorrow from Jiris garden
from Kirriemuir

Olga Bondareva

Ian my best regards to all! Wish I was there now!  :'(
Czech is in my heart.  :-*

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 08:43:24 AM by Olga Bondareva »
Olga Bondareva, Moscow, Zone 3

ichristie

• Former President
Hello Olga, it was so special to meet you and everyone else at the conference we hope that it will be soon that we meet again, cheers Ian the Christie kind. I now post pictures from the garden of Jiri Papousek.
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Jiri's garden 2
from Kirriemuir

ichristie

• Former President
Jiri's garden 3
from Kirriemuir

ranunculus

• utterly butterly
  • ALL BUTTER AND LARD
Magnificent.
Cliff Booker
Behind a camera in Whitworth. Lancashire. England.

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
Great pictures Ian !  Thanks so much for sharing !
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

krisderaeymaeker

• former president Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging  Flemish Rock Garden Club site and Forum
Oh yes , great to see your pictures Ian !
Kris De Raeymaeker
from an ancient Roman settlement near the Rupel
Belgium

"even the truth is very often only perception"

"Small plants make great friends"

astragalus

Wonderful pictures, thank you Ian.  And what a fabulous garden!  The daphnes were prime as were the gentians.  Very colorful, very perfect, wish I could have been there.
Steep, rocky and cold in the
Hudson River Valley in New York State

Corrado & Rina

Thanks for sharing Ian, fascinating pictures. Jiri's garden is fabulous.

Question: what is the plant in  the centre of Jiri 12_resize.JPG???? Some kind of Androsace?

Best,
Corrado & Rina

ichristie

• Former President
Hello all thanks for your messages and all the plants we saw both at the show in Prague where we had permission to visit early nobody else as they were still working planting things up as for the plant in Jiri 12 might be a gypsophylla but will ask we had so little time to share with Jiri as we had to catch our plane very grateful to all for allowing us to visit, cheers Ian the Christie kind.
from Kirriemuir

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
Ian,
You had much better weather for photography as it rained most the time that we were there yesterday but we can't complain as we had such good weather the rest of the time.
We saw some very remarkable gardens on the post Conference tour and I'm amazed at the industrious way most of these gardeners have worked to create these masterpieces. Many of the plants were new to me or at least some I'd only seen in pictures so it was great to see them in real life.
Our bus was led by ZZ and everyone seemed to get along; we Aussies were the grumpy ones as we were the only ones unable to buy plants! However we were able to buy some seeds from Vojtech so it wasn't so bad in the end. But the "feeding frenzy" wherever a gardener was also selling plants! You'd think they'd never seen Daphne petrea cultivars for sale before! ;D ( we hadn't !)
We have a few more days to explore Prague (found a nice Chinese restaurant last night  ;D ) and then Will and I head to England then Ireland for more garden visits.
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
It was a wonderful conference and surpassed all my expectations, which were pretty high anyway! Very grateful to see the images of Jiri's garden as my camera battery had run out - I had to make do with sketches! And lovely to see that cameo from Olga - Tabor is a very beautiful town. Hope to write more extensively on the AGS website once a very large number of pictures fill the computer's memory, and also show some of the ingenious methods of packing plants! Thank you to everyone involved in organising the event, and it certainly will always remain in the memory, and a similar opportunity in the future will not be missed!
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal